Subject: [boost] Asio - is it possible not to remove descriptor from epoll?
From: Vlad Lazarenko (vlad_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-23 16:27:15

Guys,

Is it possible to make ASIO keep descriptor in epoll and not remove it
automatically after event is fired (and implement or emulate the same
behavior for other mechanisms like select, kqueue etc)?
My use case is very simple - I am reading data from multicast socket. One
read at a time, always reusing the same buffer. The performance is very
critical. Another use case is to give ASIO a null buffer and perform sync
read yourself when data is available, in that case you can read from tcp/ip
sockets as well. I know that libevent supports this but was not able to find
out how to do it with Asio. If it is not available, would someone be able to
assist in adding this feature?

Thank you,
Vlad

--