Subject: Re: [boost] GUI objects for boost
From: Gruenke, Matt (mgruenke_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-26 18:47:35

On Fri 3/25/2011 7:29 AM, farah inamdar wrote:

> I wold like to work with the UI for box , btn , frame
> etc etc and this is the way I am going to do it.

Is the idea to build a Boost GUI toolkit? Or is the idea to define and codify an ontology of GUI constructs?

If it's the former, it sounds like quite a challenge to get everyone to agree on what The Boost GUI toolkit should be. If it's the latter, and defines templates that allow programs to be ported to various toolkits and windowing systems, then it might be a more productive endeavor.

Either way, it's going to be quite an undertaking (you used the word mentor, so I assume this is a course project?). It still might be worth an exploratory effort, perhaps to set the stage for later work.

Matt