Subject: Re: [boost] [local] Help for the Alternatives section
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-28 12:41:21

Jeremy Maitin-Shepard-2 wrote:

> On 03/26/2011 03:19 PM, Lorenzo Caminiti wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am updating Boost.Local docs and I could use a some help in getting
> > the Alternatives section right
> >
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/local/libs/local/doc/html/boost_local/Alternatives.html
>
> You might include compile time and run time benchmarks, information
> about error message quality, and polymorphic capabilities.
> Additionally, you might note that with C++0x local classes can be used
> with templates.

Good suggestions. I will include all of those.

How would the polymorphic (type) row read? (I don't fully understand
this...) For example:

Type Polymorphism
------------------
Boost.Local: Yes but only of type of bound parameters (not for normal
function parameters).
Local Classes: No.
C++0X Lambdas: Yes but only of type of bound parameters (not for normal
function parameters).
Boost.Lambda: No??
Boost.Phoenix: No??

Is this correct?