Subject: Re: [boost] [release][1.47] Release branch open + schedule
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-28 14:07:19

On 28 March 2011 17:28, Barend Gehrels <barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 26-3-2011 11:04, Daniel James wrote:
>>
>> On 26 March 2011 02:22, Joel de Guzman<joel_at_[hidden]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> We are aware that the current proposed schedule is
>>>
>>> 4th April: Release branch closed for beta (bug fixes only).
>>> 11th April: Beta target date.
>>> 2nd May: Release target date.
>>>
>>> (As proposed by Daniel James on the Boost-dev list)
>>
>> That was more of a straw man proposal than anything.
>
> Who will decide about this? Are these the fixed days we go for? Who will
> answer the Spirit team or has that been done off-list?

It's normally decided by Beman, but he's been busy with the standards
meeting. Beman had mentioned having a discussion during this release
cycle, so I tried to start one (and also make sure people realise that
we don't have much time before the scheduled release). If I'd had more
of a response, I'd have a good idea of what people want and would feel
confident about setting a schedule. But since I haven't, I'll leave it
for when Beman returns. You might have very little warning, but there
you go.

Daniel