Subject: Re: [boost] GSOC LP library for Boost
From: Simonson, Lucanus J (lucanus.j.simonson_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-28 14:24:47

Chad Seibert wrote:
> That's exactly what I was thinking, I just wanted to code against
> lp_solve
> to start. But as I finish writing an interface against lp_solve, I can
> generalize these interfaces to other libraries. I should be able to
> code against the commercial CPLEX solver as well. If there are other
> libraries that we wish to support, just let me know.

You should be able to target stand alone solvers with a file IO interface in addition to library solvers. Writing out the input file format, invoking the external process, waiting for it to finish and then reading its output file back in should be quite easy to do behind the scenes of the adaptor to the generic interface.

Regards,
Luke