Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC] Thoughts about a metaheuristic library
From: Brian Schrom (brian.schrom_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-28 16:22:30

On 03/27/2011 03:57 PM, Andrew Sutton wrote:

> Let's see what others say.
I think this is a good research area and is reasonable to explore as a
GSOC topic. I'd be interested in what sort of concepts and API emerge
for such a library. I'm not sure if the topic area is one that would
ultimately be included in boost or not. Strong integration with
boost.mpi, boost.thread/process would make a more compelling case,
though I think the concepts and API are much more important to think
about for now and shouldn't be constrained by existing boost technologies.