Subject: Re: [boost] [GSOC]SIMD Library
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-29 11:48:21

On 29/03/2011 16:14, Domagoj Saric wrote:

> Could you perhaps help me with a few pointers on how to use/test NT2
> (e.g. performing sincos on a 1D vector)?
> I checked out the latest revision from SVN, and downloaded the
> documentation for the official version 2 but it is in French which I
> unfortunately do not understand. The examples for version 2 that contain
> the cos() function also do not work as they mention a nonexistent
> eve.hpp header...

We've been using git for a while, the svn version is quite outdated.

The git version has documentation purely in English, except it's almost
non-existent.
I had started recently writing documentation separate from the code, but
I quickly realized this was a huge amount of work, so I am looking into
doxygen-based solutions atm (either boostbook or Sphinx with doxylink).

I'm not giving you any examples yet, because the high-level SIMD code is
undergoing lots of changes recently, and things like sincos (which
returns a tuple) are broken when you use the Proto-based interface :(.
I'll come back to you shortly.

> ps. does NT2 support SSE1 for single precision floats? Unfortunately
> this is a must for me (and probably for a lot of people as there are
> quite a few Athlon XP's around) so I cannot use SSE2+ only libraries
> like Eigen...

I'm afraid not, it only supports SSE2 and upwards.
But it could be a nice summer project to add support for SSE1 only...

But seriously, who targets that kind of old CPU? ;)