Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] Interest in BGL v2?
From: Gordon Woodhull (gordon_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-03-31 03:26:05

On Mar 29, 2011, at 9:49 AM, Dave Abrahams wrote:

> At Mon, 28 Mar 2011 18:45:26 -0500,
> Andrew Sutton wrote:
>> Basically, it's a metaprogram masquerading as a data structure, which
>> I perceive as not great. I'm sure there are plenty of people who will
>> disagree.
>
> I was never very fond of generative programming (despite the iterator
> library), so not I.

I won't argue that today, although I'm going in the opposite direction with my Metagraph project. I'm making the pro- argument in my upcoming BoostCon paper/talk on MPL.Graph.

I wonder if anyone can say something about the new graph concept hierarchy? I don't see any origin docs yet.

I'd like to stay compatible and I'm also curious what was found lacking in the old graph concepts. The unifying graph concepts in BGLv1 are really impressive for making all graph libraries adaptable to its interface & algos.

Thanks,
Gordon