Subject: Re: [boost] GSoC XML
From: Stefan Seefeld (stefan_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-01 20:44:10

On 2011-04-01 20:01, Brestin Seby wrote:
> Hello my name is Sebastian Brestin. I am a student from Romania.
>
> After another few hours of browsing through Boost's libraries I was thinking: What about implementing DOM into Boost?
>
> XML is the most used "data storage mechanism" over the internet. Yet Boost does not have it.

Brestin,

an API to manipulate XML content would certainly be something very
interesting. We have had lots of discussions on how to approach that
here on this mailing list. Have you read those discussions ? (If not,
please do !)

There currently is an implementation of an XML DOM API in the sandbox
(http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/xml/), which also includes
support for an XMLReader. Have you reviewed this ?

I think it would be great if someone worked on a boost.xml library, but
I also think such a project should be based on all the work that went
into this in the past, instead of attempting to start over from scratch.

Let me know if you want to discuss details.

         Stefan