Subject: Re: [boost] [MSM] feature request stop(const event& event_)
From: Christophe Henry (christophe.j.henry_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-03 15:29:11

Hi Richard,

>> While big improvements were made, there will always be a limit,
>> especially with VC9. Did you try with VC10? It'd be interesting to know.

>I will try this for you when I will have a spare 10 minutes.
>I did use for some time VC10 in the past and I did not observe too
>much difference in the heap usage during compilation

Thanks. I personally didn't notice big improvements either :(

>The public start has a limitation that I can't tell during runtime what
>event is triggering the start e.g I can't specify the initial event in
>runtime for the initial transitions.
>
>I want to use start to cause the same behavior as an entry transaction
>causes on a composite state machine.

I just committed a new version into the trunk (70961) where you will find:
- a stop() method
- like for the initial event, you have the possibility to define your
own event by adding a typedef inside the front-end:
typedef my_final_event final_event;
- a start and stop method with an event as parameter. I'm not sure
it's a great idea as you have the typedef but we can give it a try.
Please notice that this version calls on_entry so you shouldn't do it yourself.

I didn't update the doc yet, I'll do it for 1.47.

Regards,
Christophe