Subject: Re: [boost] [local] this_ or _this?
From: Michael Caisse (boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-04 02:32:00

On 4/3/2011 11:15 PM, Artyom wrote:

>> Boost.Local uses a special name `this_` to access the object `this`
>> bound from the enclosing scope. Shall this name be `this_` or `_this`
>> according to Boost practices?
>
> Use "self"

_self would be most appropriate in that case.

There is a long history of a preceding underscore for placeholders. Some
of the libraries following this tradition include: bind, lambda,
phoenix, spirit, and proto. When I see _foo I immediately think
"placeholder". So, if it is a placeholder then I think the preceding
underscore would sure be nice regardless of the name.

michael

--
Michael Caisse