Subject: [boost] [filesystem] Decomposition of filenames beginning with period?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-07 11:14:03

Boost.Filesystem class path views filenames as being made up of a stem
and an extension.

My Windows Users directory includes files ".gitconfig" and ".netrc".

The current class path implementation views these as having extensions
of ".gitconfig" and ".netrc", respectively, and empty stems.

To me, that's a bit counter intuitive. I guess I view filenames as
always having stems, but extensions being optional. But I don't view
that as a strong enough argument to change anything.

Does anyone have a stronger argument than intuition for changing or
retaining the current behavior?

--Beman