Subject: Re: [boost] [shifted_ptr] Documentation
From: Jeffrey Lee Hellrung, Jr. (jeffrey.hellrung_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-09 02:45:47

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Phil Bouchard <philippe_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On 4/8/2011 2:13 PM, Phil Bouchard wrote:

>>> You can browse the documentation here:
>>>
>>> http://www.fornux.com/personal/philippe/devel/shifted_ptr/libs/smart_ptr/doc/html/index.html
>>>

>> For those not aware a presentation can be found here also:
>>
>> http://www.fornux.com/personal/philippe/devel/shifted_ptr/libs/smart_ptr/doc/ShiftedPointer.ppt
>>

> And an overview is available here:
>
> http://www.fornux.com/personal/philippe/devel/shifted_ptr/libs/smart_ptr/doc/overview.html
>
> Please let me know if anything isn't clear enough.

That is a good overview, but there are (obviously) some details yet to be
filled in. What I'd like initially to be addressed in the documentation is:
- How does the library detect unreferenced cycles? Citing relevant
publications, if any, might help.
- What does "shifted" mean, and what is "shifted<T>"?
These are likely interrelated and addressed to some extent on the mailing
list, but I'd like to see it with the rest of the documentation before I
look at the library further. To me, the ppt slides don't really add any
value over the overview you've recently made available.

- Jeff