Subject: Re: [boost] [multi_array] Is there interest for an [index_list] library?
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-10 20:59:27

On 10/04/2011 22:16, Rhys Ulerich wrote:

> I don't think I'm your target audience so take all of this with a
> grain of salt. I very much appreciate your attempts to further
> improve the MultiArray concept as I use it heavily in my own work.
> Also, just cause I find it interesting, ndarray is a fairly cool
> alternative (https://code.google.com/p/ndarray/).

You might also be interested in how NT2 does it with its table class.

It mimics the matlab interface (which numpy also does), so you can do
funny things to get partial views etc.

Storage order of each dimension, size of each dimension, starting index
of each dimension can all be specified as template options, a size of -1
meaning a runtime size.

It can be resized at runtime, and number of dimensions can be reduced,
since it treats tables with N-1 dimensions the same as tables of N
dimensions with the last dimension being of size 1.