Subject: Re: [boost] [trac] Misuse of trac system by spammer
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-12 08:32:40

On 4/12/2011 6:01 AM, John Maddock wrote:
>> I received a ticket today:
>> https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/ticket/5457
>>
>> that's only purpose is to distribute a commercial link.
>>
>> Has anyone experienced a similar misuse of the trac system?
>
> Yep, it happens from time to time, I couldn't find any other tickets by
> this guy, so I just deleted that one ticket.
>
>> Are there ideas how to prevent this?
>
> I seem to remember Rene has tried to suppress these as far as is
> possible, but nothings 100% foolproof... :-(

The suppression of these is actually working rather good at the moment,
to the order of better than 95%. But, yes, it's impossible for something
to be totally miscreant proof. I also marked the ticket as SPAM in the
system so that hopefully in some near future the detection will improve
with Askimet.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything