Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] Boost.Tree and Boost.BloomFilter
From: Alejandro Cabrera (cpp.cabrera_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-12 20:37:45

> After reading through your whole proposal, I see that you have
> referenced the code in the Sandbox. :)
>
> So I say I hope your project gets selected to "finish" the
> Boost.BloomFilters implementation in the Sandbox! :D
>
> HTH
>
> I would also like to see a polished BloomFilter implementation in boost!
>
> Joel

Dean, Joel,

Thank you for the support.

Boost.BloomFilters: I've made some progress in determining the state of the
trunk source. It is indeed working and passes the advertised tests, as well
as a few of my own. I've posted my latest results to my Boost/GSoC
wordpress blog: Boost Summer of Code 2011<http://boostcabrera.wordpress.com/>

Boost.Tree: I'm still reviewing the hierarchical containers proposal. There
are many possible start points and many requirements to understand.
Especially before I begin implementing any form of test cases, I need to
understand the requirements of such containers.

I do have one question for the mailing list: granted that I'm selected to
work with Boost this year, are there any steps I should take to propose a
mentor or have a mentor be selected for me to work with over the Summer? I
ask particularly since I've deviated away from the suggested projects list
and I'm not certain what the protocol is. I want to plan ahead so that when
it comes time to get to work this Summer, I can hit the road running.

-Alej