Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost.Pool] TR1?
From: Nevin Liber (nevin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-13 15:49:20

On 13 April 2011 14:32, Anders Dalvander <boost_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Oh, and to make things worse, IIRC there's nothing that says a< b ==
>>> std::less<...>()(a,b) even within a given block
>>>

> x < y applies to pointers, if they belong to the same block.

x < y has a specified order for pointers pointing within the same array or
object, but is undefined for pointers not pointing in the same array or
object.

std::less guarantees a total ordering for all pointers, but does not specify
what that ordering is, even for pointers pointing within the same array or
object (as the pointer specialization is not required to use x < y to do any
comparisons).

To make is_from work, we need a total, *specified* ordering for all
pointers. I see no way to combine the above two to get a total specified
ordering.

--
 Nevin ":-)" Liber  <mailto:nevin_at_[hidden]>  (847) 691-1404