Subject: Re: [boost] [multi_array] Is there interest for an [index_list] library?
From: Larry Evans (cppljevans_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-15 12:32:09

On 04/11/11 15:15, Pierre-Andre Noel wrote:
[snip]

>> Runtime-decisions about the dimensionality of a MultiArray
>> definitely are interesting but I'm unimaginative and can't think of
>> the use case...

> For me it is quite common, but I guess scientific computing is the
> special case... From my experience, runtime dimensionality is mostly
> required when you have to read the data from a file of unknown
> dimensionality and when "main(int argc, char *argv[])" receives
> arguments that affects the dimensionality.

Last Novemeber:

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.boost.user/63640

Alle had a use case for runtime dimensionality. In private emails
between now and then, I did mention (on April 12) this thread and I
think he's decided to abandon use of variants. I did propose
something that did have dynamic dimensionality; however, he may want
to consider this index_list instead since it's much further developed.

-regards,
 Larry