Subject: Re: [boost] [gil new_io] tiff alpha channel support
From: Christian Henning (chhenning_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-19 11:27:58

Hi Erik, thanks for using the new gil::io. Sorry for not getting back
to you sooner.

On Sun, Apr 17, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Erik Hvatum <ice.rikh_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Briefly:
>
> gil new_io does not support tiff alpha channel.  Is support planned?  If not, I'll attempt to add it and submit a patch if successful.

Before going into details can you tell what your
PhotometricInterpretation value is? See here:

http://www.awaresystems.be/imaging/tiff/tifftags/photometricinterpretation.html

Using this value will decide what color space an image is in.

> Details:
>
> I am using the latest code from the gil-contributions googlecode SVN repository.  The following causes a crash when "tifffile.tif" is interleaved 32-bit rgba (ie 8*4 bits, including the alpha channel):

Could you send me the tifffile.tif or something of similar format?
That would help me hugely.

Regards,
Christian