Subject: Re: [boost] [locale] Review of the proposed Boost.Locale library
From: Sebastian Redl (sebastian.redl_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-23 05:33:09
On 19.04.2011, at 09:19, Max Sobolev wrote:
> On 18.04.2011 17:57, Matus Chochlik wrote:
>> Also (but I might be mistaken here since I'm not a native
>> German speaker) the example in the "Conversions"
>> section names a variable 'gruben' (this variable stores
>> the word "grüßen") a German would probably
>> call this variable 'grussen' since 'ß' != 'b'.
> it seems "gruessen" is a more native variable's name for Germans
It is. At the same time, though, I find that 95% of the German programmers I know use English variable names, and the remaining 5% are generally students who I expect to lose the habit of using German names eventually.
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk