Subject: Re: [boost] Checking interest: reflectable types
From: Matus Chochlik (chochlik_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-28 04:05:00

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 8:53 PM, Noah Roberts <roberts.noah_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On 4/27/2011 10:42 AM, Matus Chochlik wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 6:41 PM, Noah Roberts<roberts.noah_at_[hidden]>
>>  wrote:
>
>>> There is a boost.reflection proposal out there that is meant to work with
>>> boost.extension.  This one is a bit different in that you're not
>>> additionally defining data; instead you declare your reflection as you
>>> declare your reflectable type through the instantiation of and
>>> inheritance
>>> from template metafunctions.
>>
>> There is also the Mirror reflection library which I plan to
>> submit for review once it is ready.
>>
>> The project homepage (with links to docs and download page)
>> is located here http://kifri.fri.uniza.sk/~chochlik/mirror-lib/html/
>
> Yeah, the original worked like that.  We found the manual registration
> process ungainly.  Also didn't do proper inheritance...which maybe yours
> does.  Had trouble looking at the docs and seeing how to use it since the
> part that probably does all the work (classes.h) isn't linked in with the
> examples.

You can see some examples of the registering here:

http://kifri.fri.uniza.sk/~chochlik/mirror-lib/html/doxygen/puddle/html/da/dc4/puddle_2example_2introspect_person_8cpp-example.html
http://kifri.fri.uniza.sk/~chochlik/mirror-lib/html/doxygen/puddle/html/dd/de4/puddle_2example_2weather_8cpp-example.html
http://kifri.fri.uniza.sk/~chochlik/mirror-lib/html/doxygen/mirror/html/d2/d97/tetrahedron_8hpp_source.html
http://kifri.fri.uniza.sk/~chochlik/mirror-lib/html/doxygen/mirror/html/d7/d26/mirror_2example_2various_03_8cpp-example.html

Also there is a portable tool called maureen (mirror auto reflection engine)
being worked on which pretty much automates the registering process,
although it's been on hold a couple of weeks since I'm busy with
other projects.

[snip/]

BR

Matus