Subject: Re: [boost] [locale] Review results for Boost.Locale library
From: John Bytheway (jbytheway+boost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-29 14:37:15

On 27/04/11 23:11, Mathias Gaunard wrote:
<snip>
> If that runtime conversion is a concern, it's also possible to do that
> at compile time, at least with C++0x (syntax is ugly in C++03).

Do you imagine that user-defined literals allow this? Sorry, but they
don't, according to my reading of n3290 [lex.ext]. Only user defined
integer and floating point literals allow compile-time access to the
characters. Unless you're willing to write all strings in [0-9a-fA-F]
(in which case you'd certainly be happy with ASCII!) this doesn't help much.

If there's some other way to get compile-time access to characters more
neatly than in C++03, then please share it; I would like to know!

John Bytheway