Subject: Re: [boost] [provocative] Whom did the SFC pay to list boost developers as a whole in "Current Member Projects"?
From: Gregory Crosswhite (gcross_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-04-30 16:36:29

On 4/30/11 11:50 AM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> To repeat:
>
> Whom did the SFC pay to list boost developers as a whole in "Current
> Member Projects"?

Okay, OKAY already! You win; it was me... it was all me. :-( I am
actually the secret anonymous mastermind pulling the strings behind
Richard Stallman and the SFC.

I don't know how you managed to figure all of this out since I was
convinced that I had covered my trail such that no one would be able to
discover my true motive, but yes you are absolutely correct that the FSF
and the GPL are just vectors for injecting a viral license into software
to make it susceptible to attack by the legal system, allowing me to
indirectly extort money from companies that make honest profits by
making and selling products that people actually want to purchase.
Adding Boost to the SFC was just a small part of this plot, of course,
but it was important because it increased the perceived legitimacy of
the SFC to speak on behalf of the so-called "free software movement"
(HA!). The donations that I made to make this happen were subtle and I
don't know that anyone involved other than myself even fully appreciated
what happened, so the blame for the whole mess falls solely on myself.
Now that the veil has been pierced, though, I feel such great shame
about the whole affair that I want nothing to do with it anymore.

So I beseech you all: please, if you have any conscience at all, listen
to Alexander and pull Boost from the SFC.

In shame,
Greg