Subject: Re: [boost] [local] Help for the Alternatives section
From: Mathias Gaunard (mathias.gaunard_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-01 18:46:17

On 26/03/2011 23:19, Lorenzo Caminiti wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am updating Boost.Local docs and I could use a some help in getting
> the Alternatives section right
> http://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/local/libs/local/doc/html/boost_local/Alternatives.html

It's missing a few advantages of Boost.Phoenix-like approaches:
  - can happen at the expression level and not just statement level.
This also means the function does not necessarily need to be named.
  - does not require listing all variables to bind from the scope
  - can be quite more concise for simple tasks.

There is also the polymorphism thing: functions generated by Boost.Local
are necessarily monomorphic, unlike Boost.Phoenix and global functors.