Subject: [boost] [lambda] Diff with Boost.Phoenix (for lambdas)
From: lcaminiti (lorcaminiti_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-02 12:05:09

Hello all,

Recently I used both Boost.Lambda and Boost.Phoenix to implement lambda
functions. Why does Boost have two libraries that implement lambda
functions?

In my (limited) experience, Boost.Phoenix is more powerful than Boost.Lambda
(and it has comparable run-times even if it has larger compile-times) plus
Boost.Phoenix can do much more than "just" lambdas.
* Is there anything that Boost.Lambda can do more than Boost.Phoenix?
* Is there any application domain where using Boost.Lambda makes more sense
than using Boost.Phoenix?

Thank you.
--Lorenzo