Subject: Re: [boost] [review] string convert
From: Jeremy Maitin-Shepard (jeremy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-03 13:10:00

On 05/02/2011 01:36 PM, Vicente BOTET wrote:
> [snip text missing angle brackets]

Hello Vicente,

For some reason your e-mail client does not send less than/greater than
brackets properly. As a result, at least when the messages are
retrieved through gmane (the newsgroup mirror of the boost mailing
list), they are just completely missing from the source of your message.
  It may be related to the use of HTML e-mail at some point, but by the
time the message is retrieved from gmane, the message content is in
plain text and there is no trace of the brackets. (This is confirmed
from looking at the message source manually.) Note that it appears
that, depending on the context, the brackets sometimes get through, and
sometimes do not, and often some text between the brackets is also
missing in addition to the brackets themselves.

I suspect that configuring your e-mail client to send messages as plain
text, assuming it is currently sending as HTML, may resolve this
problem. Otherwise, some other solution may be necessary.

Note that I tried to send a message on this topic to your personally a
little while ago, but it seems you may not have received it.