Subject: Re: [boost] [Review] Boost.Convert review decision
From: Stewart, Robert (Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-04 07:26:44

Edward Diener wrote:

> Because Vladimir Batov has expressed himself by saying that he
> does not want to continue to offer his Boost.Convert library
> as a library for Boost, I am respecting his decision and his
> library is NOT accepted into Boost.

I'm sorry he has done so. I think good ideas surfaced during the review and I think they could have been incorporated without a lot of trouble. Still, those ideas do result in quite a different design than Vladimir presented, so I can understand his reticence to write and maintain a library that others designed, so to speak.

_____
Rob Stewart robert.stewart_at_[hidden]
Software Engineer using std::disclaimer;
Dev Tools & Components