Subject: Re: [boost] [xint] Formal Review Result
From: Joachim Faulhaber (afojgo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-04 08:48:29

Dear list,

this posting started as a private mail to Barend, but once it was
written it wanted to be posted here :)

Hi Barend,

your points about Vladamir's Declaration of Results are good ones,
also your proposals for improvement. I tried to write a posting but
somehow I lack motivation.

I think the review wizards, after the discussion about Review Manager
Assistants startet to accept newcomers as RMs like Chad Nelson and Ed
Diener which they did not do in the past.

I think this is much better than only waiting for seasoned boosters to
volunteer and it is simpler as the RMA model. Chad and Ed for example
seem to be doing good jobs. Long time boosters on the contrary tend to
be less enthusiastic as RMs: The summarizing fault of Volodya,
(excessive) delays or MIA-phenomenons are IMO symptoms of such lack of
motivation. This doesn't mean to blame anyone in particular. It's just
part of the boost game. First time contributors have more motivation
and excitement.

Basically I still think we should harness this structure by giving
newcomers more responsibility, and as I said, I see this happening,
even though in a different way as proposed by me.

Best regards,
Joachim