Subject: Re: [boost] inquiry about proposing a new Boost library for a tree template container class
From: Vicente Botet (vicente.botet_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-04 16:29:47

Erik Erlandson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I recently completed an STL-compliant template container class for
> storing data in an arbitrary tree structure. It seemed like it might be
> a useful component of Boost, and I wanted to ask about how new projects
> are submitted for consideration.
>
> The current incarnation of the project is called 'st_tree', and resides
> here:
> https://github.com/erikerlandson/st_tree/wiki

Hi,

In your case, one of the first things you can do is to compare your library
with the Boost.Tree (not official) in the sandbox
(https://svn.boost.org/svn/boost/sandbox/SOC/2006/tree/) and see how your
library compares with.

A quick look at your documentation let me think that there is not a
tutorial.

It is usual that the people proposing new libraries to Boost uses the Boost
Build system and that the documentation looks like the already accepted
libraries. Most of the people use now quickbook for the documentation (some
use doxigen for the reference section).

I think that Boost.Tree is orphaned so maybe you could see how to make a
better libraries from both.

Welcome to Boost,
Vicente