Subject: Re: [boost] [asio] Randomly having problems reading from the socket
From: Torben Wiggerich (torben.wiggerich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-05 10:55:15

Am 05.05.2011 16:16, schrieb Olaf van der Spek:
> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Torben Wiggerich
> <torben.wiggerich_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> I tried many different ports already. But I couldn't find a port which
>> works... On your suggested port 18002 it also stops on my machine. It is
>> just a matter of time until it fails.
>> I tested this on two machines. The first stoped in two hours 6 times and the
>> other only once.
> Can't you run the app in the debugger and inspect the point at which
> the exception is thrown or the error is generated?

There is no exception which is thrown and there is also no error
generated. The system just hangs inside the boost::asio::read method. It
doesn't generate an error inside this. The package is even correctly
transmitted... (with a latency of 5 seconds).

So I have no clear entrance point for debugging... Because I dont' know
when it occurs.

Regards
Torben