Subject: Re: [boost] next version dates / next release
From: Barend Gehrels (barend_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-05 13:27:35

Hi Beman, Daniel, List,

On 19-4-2011 20:44, Beman Dawes wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 2:09 PM, Barend Gehrels<barend_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>>> (...) because we waited (like you suggested) for the
>>> next officially proposed release schedule.
>>> Which didn't came until someone else asked.
>>> (...)
>>> So, who is responsible for making the schedule?
>>
>> I can confirm that the schedule is this time quite fuzzy, and there are
>> AFAIK no definitive answers or information in the calendar (but Daniel
>> always answers promptly, thanks for that).
>>
>> Some deadlines would be helpful.
> I think Daniel's suggestion to aim for a beta after BoostCon is a good one.

That means after Friday May 20. Can we set a date?

Old paste:
> Something like:
>
> 4th April: Release branch closed for beta (bug fixes only).
> 11th April: Beta target date.
> 2nd May: Release target date.

Probably the Monday 23 after BoostCon is too early (?), so it might be,
let's say, Monday May 30 for "Release branch closed for beta (bug fixes
only)." ?

Sorry to ask this every now and then but it is useful to know w.r.t. my
planning and schedule.

Thinking further, we are close to 2 months late then. So either we might
expand this cycle to 6 months, or do something like I proposed above and
have also the next cycle during longer (then 4 months), to get back into
the normal schedule.

Thanks, Barend