Subject: Re: [boost] [phoenix] not playing nice with other libs
From: Hartmut Kaiser (hartmut.kaiser_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-07 10:31:14

> On 5/5/2011 9:36 PM, Hartmut Kaiser wrote:
> >> Hartmut, you have done some work on a Wave-based tool to help with
> >> the pre-preprocessing grunt-work, is that right?
> >
> > I trust Thomas has answered that already. Just ask if you need more
> information.
>
> Thanks, Hartmut. It works beautifully.
>
> One question: what if I don't want the generated files to be
> *completely* preprocessed? As a trivial example, what if I wanted to leave
> in simple compiler work-arounds like BOOST_STATIC_CONSTANT and
> BOOST_DEDUCED_TYPENAME?

Short answer: generally no.

Long answer: if we know what we're doing, and we're sure that those macros
do not influence any #ifdef's later on, we could suppress the expansion of a
predefined list of macros. This is easily possible with the Wave library,
but it is not exposed by the Wave driver program. Let me see what I can do
to add a corresponding command line option allowing you to tell the Wave
driver not to expand a certain macro.

Regards Hartmut
http://boost-spirit.com