Subject: Re: [boost] [review] string convert
From: Vladimir Batov (vbatov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-10 22:25:04

> Vicente BOTET <vicente.botet <at> wanadoo.fr> writes:
>> De : "Vladimir Batov"
>> ...The original 'convert' did not have
>> the second behavior... well, it did not have the first -- Target(val) --
>> either.
>
> Do you mean that is without a specialization is a compile error in the original
> library?

Yes. My submission dealt with to-string and from-string and left the door open
for type-to-type conversions *if* deemed useful. I personally never needed it so
far.

> What are your project for the future library?

Uhm, not sure what you mean. Is it "what are you proposing for the future
library"? Or "What will be your next project?". Or something completely else?

V.