Subject: Re: [boost] [gsoc] heap review
From: Tim Blechmann (tim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-12 07:53:35

>>> there will be a `formal' review announcement, i want to invite people
>>> to check out code, examples and documentation ...
>>
>> One quick note: your benchmarks operate on just 16 items

not quite: they operate on differently sized heaps (roughly 1 to 100000
elements), but each operation is performed 16 times (to get some kind of
averaging).

>> and execute in
>> microseconds.

fortunately, single heap operations are on the order of microseconds :)

>> I encourage you to consider cases that are orders of
>> magnitude larger.
>
> +1. Please test for n = 10, 100, 1000, 10k, 100k, 1M

the plots are loglog plots: the x axis shows the size of the heap, the y axis
the time to perform 16 operations for this size.

maybe this needs to be made more explicit?

tim

--
tim_at_[hidden]
http://tim.klingt.org