Subject: Re: [boost] [interprocess] More robust message_queue and interprocess_condition?
From: Ross MacGregor (gordonrossmacgregor_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-12 18:14:08

kopo <kopinskc <at> msoe.edu> writes:

> Are you proposing a modification such as:

No, that was my original fix. This is the same solution, but just moving the
location of the exception. I now think think this timeout needs to be
added directly to interprocess_mutex. This would affect the files
emulation/interprocess_mutex.hpp and posix/interprocess_mutex.hpp. If
the BOOST_INTERPROCESS_ENABLE_TIMEOUT symbol is set, the lock() method
would actually call timed_lock() using the BOOST_INTERPROCESS_TIMEOUT_MS
value. If it fails to acquire the lock, it will throw a newly defined
timeout_exception.

> Are you planning on submitting your proposal to the library for
> consideration in the next release?

Yes, I plan on submitting this, but I am afraid it may take some time. It not a
high priority for me plus I have some vacation time next week.