Subject: [boost] Boost talk / Funding / Your input is needed
From: Ruediger Berlich (ruediger.berlich_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-16 20:55:23

Dear all,

at BoostCon 2011, I will give a presentation with the title and abstract:

//----------------------------------------

Funding Boost development through national and international research
programs and funds

This presentation wants to start a discussion about possible ways of
leveraging national and international research programs and funds to
support Boost development.

The goals are threefold:

- To start and organize a joint effort in many countries to leverage
national and international research funding schemes (e.g. NSF, European
Union, …) for the benefit of Boost development
- To make Boost a standard topic in the curricula of computer science
education at universities and polytechnicals around the world
- To involve new protagonists from the science community in Boost
development

//----------------------------------------

I think that this pretty much sums up what the presentation is about.

I will, however, necessarily have to assume a (European and particularly
German) view on this topic, as I have no experience with e.g. US academic
funding schemes.

The session is meant to be a brainstorming session and reality check; and
without your input it will hardly be possible to fill 90 minutes
for this topic. If you have first-hand experience with research grants and
national or international funding schemes or if you have any related idea you
would like to share, I particularly invite you to come along and contribute to
the overall picture.

I am sending this mail to the development list, as this is hardly a user-
level issue.

Thanks and maybe see you at the session,
Ruediger Berlich