Subject: Re: [boost] Library Review Tool (paging Jeff Garland) -- was : Re: [xint] Formal Review Result
From: Stewart, Robert (Robert.Stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-23 13:46:23

Thomas Heller wrote:

> I am strongly in favor of crucible. It has the richer
> interface.

I spent some time with Code Collaborator at BoostCon. I just now looked at Crucible. The latter has a couple of apparent deficiencies WRT the former. The inline comments don't appear to be collapsible and can consume a great deal of screen space, thereby separating one line of code from the next. That will make code reviews harder. The other problem is that the file list in the sidebar does not, appear to support a directory structure so I wonder whether it can handle same-named files from distinct directories being part of a single review and, if it can, will that prove confusing.

Code Collaborator has some issues, too, but they are less troublesome than what I've noted for Crucible, based upon my experience.

_____
Rob Stewart robert.stewart_at_[hidden]
Software Engineer using std::disclaimer;
Dev Tools & Components