Subject: [boost] [review][autoindex] AutoIndex review result
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-24 13:27:25

The AutoIndex reviews were unanimously in favour of inclusion so it
has been accepted into Boost.

Reviews were submitted by: Edward Diener, Paul A. Bristow, Barend
Gehrels and Hartmut Kaiser. Artyom also took part.

Some of the general issues that were raised:

The name should be more consistent.

There was a little confusion about installation, but this should be
easier once it's part of boost.

Since it works at the docbook level it can be a bit confusing for a
pure quickbook user. We might need to add extra support to quickbook -
possibly in the form of a template library.

There was some confusion about the integration of the different
documentation tools, e.g. the use of <quickbook-define> to optionally
include content in quickbook, using 'xinclude' to include doxygen
documentation in quickbook. I think this is more of a weakness of the
quickbook documentation.

A few reviewers wanted finer grained control over where index terms
are inserted. It isn't clear how this could be done without adding too
much complexity. Adding processing instructions to the xml is one
possibility.

The C++ header scanner picks up too many symbols for spirit (and will
possibly do so for other libraries), some kind of annotation or
configuration might help.

Thanks to everyone who participated in the review, and to John Maddock
for developing AutoIndex,

Daniel James