Subject: Re: [boost] [date_time] Time zone improvements
From: grubino (bibil.thaysose_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-24 15:45:59

Would it be possible to associate multiple instances of time_zone_base
chained together with a local_date_time? I'm sure that the local_date_time
object doesn't support this, but maybe it would be less hazardous than a
change to time_zone_base?

WRT the historical time zone change support, that's actually huge for me
because without it I cannot use boost::date_time without it. I'm about to
write my own wrapper for mining the zoneinfo DB for the POSIX string so that
I can use boost::date_time. It seems like in the case of simple DST zones
(where DST is either on or off), historical TZ changes could be incorporated
with another init constructor that takes the "US/Eastern" type string
argument and then goes and queries the TZ DB whenever the user uses the
time_zone_base_ptr to construct a local_date_time object. I'll send code
once I have it.