Subject: Re: [boost] Interest in simple unformatted binary stream I/O?
From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-27 07:29:44

On Sun, Apr 24, 2011 at 6:17 PM, Wouter Van Alboom
<wouter.vanalboom_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Beman Dawes" <bdawes_at_[hidden]>

No, that's a separate problem. It will be attacked by my Endian
library, scheduled for review in September.

Users of Endian in stream I/O are a motivation for a binary
manipulator, but that doesn't mean they should be in the same library.
There are plenty of use cases for a binary stream manipulator that
doesn't traffic in endian integers.

Thanks,

--Beman