Subject: Re: [boost] Boost Steering Committee
From: Rene Rivera (grafikrobot_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-27 15:18:11

On 5/27/2011 6:06 AM, Beman Dawes wrote:
> There was a special session Friday morning at BoostCon 2011 to
> announce the formation of a Boost Steering Committee.

It's certainly good news (even if I was aware of it before this email).
But I have one immediate concern..

> --The Boost Steering Committee
> Beman Dawes
> Dave Abrahams
> Hartmut Kaiser
> Jeff Garland
> Jon Kalb
> Marshall Clow
> Robert Stewart
> Steven Wantanabe

Being a board member, of a political organization, I'm familiar with the
dynamics of filling committees and boards to represent the varied
interests of the members. And I worry that, AFAICT, the above misses the
rather important demographic of:

* The people that are highly active in the community but can't come to
the conference because of various reasons. In my case for economic
reasons, but for others it's geographic reasons, etc.

* The people from non-US locales.

Hopefully you will consider ways of including the diverse Boost
population as time goes on. Anyway, good news to hear :-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything