Subject: Re: [boost] safe-bool CRTP class
From: Christopher Jefferson (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-28 10:49:54

On 28 May 2011, at 14:22, Krzysztof Czainski wrote:

> Thank you all for such large input ;-)
>
> So the way I see it, most of us agree it would be nice to see one official
> safe-bool implementation tool in boost.
>
> The first question is: should it be a CRTP class, or should it be a macro,
> or both perhaps?

I think we should go macro.

I wonder if the macro should take a parameter, just to give some way of getting a unique name. We could of course use some random integer / line number / file name, but such things are likely to be fragile and code could easily end up breaking the "one definition rule".

Chris