Subject: Re: [boost] safe-bool CRTP class
From: Matt Calabrese (rivorus_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-28 16:44:12

On Sat, May 28, 2011 at 3:36 PM, Gottlob Frege <gottlobfrege_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> I hate MACROS.
>
> ie for the usual reasons that people don't like MACRO solutions -
> can't easily see what is really going on, harder to debug, etc.

I don't think that would be too much of a problem in this particular case
given the simplicity of the macro and the fact that it doesn't really
generate code that you'd have to step through (just the code for the return
type and function declaration), though I'm sure many people share your
feelings. The only thing I really like about the CRTP version is that it's
consistent with Boost.Operators, as was mentioned earlier.

--
-Matt Calabrese