Subject: Re: [boost] [review] Heaps
From: Thorsten Ottosen (thorsten.ottosen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-05-31 10:54:29

Den 31-05-2011 16:05, Andrew Sutton skrev:
> All,
>
> I'd like to announce the beginning of the review of the Heap library,
> written by Tim Blechmann

A quick glance. On the surface it looks really good.

For the documentation, I suggest that pre and postcondition are more
clearly stated, and that the implementaion checks these with assertions
e.g. for increase()/decrease()
(didn't look at the source).

Please also specify clearly what the requirements are for T on which
the containers are templated. Is the implementation maximally generic in
this area?

Are the benchmark operating on the exact same data? I'm fine with using
random data as long as the same elements are in the queues being
compared. Similarly, one random sequence used in push comparisons. I
couldn't tell if that is already the case.

Something to think about: how difficult would it be to refactor
the code such that it can be used like today, but also as intrusive
containers (cf. Boost.Intrusive). When one needs many small prioriti
queues, I bet intrusive containers is just damn fast.

Good work

-Thorsten