Subject: [boost] Process library with child process events
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-01 17:45:29

Hi,

On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 14:12, Jeff Flinn <Jeffrey.Flinn_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Gregory Crosswhite wrote:
>
>> Hey everyone,
>>
>> Since there is not yet a Boost.Process library, does anyone have a
>> suggestion for a lightweight cross-platform C++ library for launching and
>> monitoring (i.e. being able to tell if they die) child processes?
>>

> I've put the code from the recent boostcon "boost process" presentation
> that Boris Schaeling and I gave at:
>
> https://github.com/JeffFlinn/boost-process
>
> Initial documentation is at:
>

> https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1qdpxcJB51WMuNYlKYPkPcZZGuPj7zmeUPIpHCd-aetE
>
> The intent is to get this completed and ask for review this summer. The
> areas needing work are:

I've read the current (clearly incomplete w.i.p.) doc and parsed the
headers and I like the design so far.
However, I can't find a way to be notified if a child process did end, by
getting to the end of the program or by having crashed or by having being
shut down by external processes, the OS or the user.

Did I miss something? If not, what is supposed to happen in the parent
process if a child do get to an end (whatever the cause)?

Joël Lamotte