Subject: Re: [boost] Is there interest in e_float: Multiple-precision floatand special functions?
From: Christopher Kormanyos (e_float_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-04 09:06:48

Thank you, John.   Present state: * I have already modified my codes to include boost licensing and the boost style directories. * I have also addressed the issues that were drawn to my attention by you and other users. * The regression testing is almost complete.   Give me a chance to do the following: 1. Write to the ACM and attempt to obtain an explicit written licensing arrangement for a derived boost version of the e_float core. 2. Separate the e_float core from the functions and work out a sensible strategy for handling the modularity. I will get back to you as soon as I have significantly progressed on 1 and 2.  Thank you for your interest. Sincerely, Chris.   From: John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]> To: boost_at_[hidden] Sent: Saturday, June 4, 2011 10:10 AM Subject: Re: [boost] Is there interest in e_float: Multiple-precision floatand special functions? > To move forward, I would welcome the core e_float (with addition of reference to Boost license terms > in the program text - as normal Boost practice) to be put into the Boost Sandbox.  This will allow > us to have something concrete to try out and make more informed comments on exactly what > Boostification we feel is desirable.  (It will also allow us to get a definitive license statement > of agreement from ACM before we get too far in.  ). Just to be clear, we would need to sort out the license definitively *before* any code went into the sandbox SVN. Pedantically yours, John. _______________________________________________ Unsubscribe & other changes: http://lists.boost.org/mailman/listinfo.cgi/boost