Subject: [boost] [gsoc] boost.simd news from the front.
From: Mathieu - (ptr.jetable_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-06 03:37:29

Hi everyone,

Last week, we (Joel Falcou my mentor, Mathias Gaunard, and me) had a
meeting to decide the courses of action for the future boost.simd
library. For those who aren't aware of it, it's a subset of an
existing library, namely nt2, which provide an abstraction for simd
instructions in C++.
Here is what have been decided so far : boost.simd will be composed of
several modules mimicking what's done in nt2 (or in phoenix). That is
there will be the main operators in a module (add / minus etc) and the
extra modules that we provide like bitwise (bitwise_andnot etc) or
arithmetic. Second, what will be included? We decided to keep only
functions which might have a corresponding intrinsic to exploit.
Finally boost.build will come into play later in the process.

Final note, despite what I said in a previous mail a few weeks ago,
the initial development will happen in the nt2 (available at
https://github.com/MetaScale/nt2 : main repository (in a branch) for
ease of use (to ease merge process mainly) and in the boost.simd
repository.

Cheers,

Mathieu Masson.