Subject: Re: [boost] MS VC10 std::numeric_limits<float>::max_digits10 is wrong for float
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-08 11:01:03

and NOT released as a hotfix for VC10.

Assuming I am right, I think this means that we need yet another macro (Groans and Cries of Oh No,
not another!)

because

  BOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_LOWEST

not defined is no longer an indicator that

   max_digits10 is available (and its values correct).

So do we need

  BOOST_NO_NUMERIC_LIMITS_MAX_DIGITS10

which should be defined by default, and only undefined for those libraries supporting C++0X
std::numeric_limits with correct values like recent GCC - and others (but not <= VC10)?

Views?

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow,