Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost interested in the Boost-based Base64 library
From: Denis Shevchenko (for.dshevchenko_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-09 16:59:51

> So I think a much more interesting and useful project would be:
>
> "an optimally fast, character range processing library which can be used
> construct a wide variety of character processing algorithms by
> composition of more primitive concepts in a regular way." Examples
> include base64, ... and generation of custom code_convert facets
> for io_streams..
>
> Robert Ramey

I understand you, Robert. You're talking about flexible (and probably big)
library, and I'm talking about the utility. But this utility solves one
concrete common task, and do it (IMHO) good. This can be compared with
boost::mem_fn or boost::lexical_cast - do one concrete task and do it well.

My solution is a single .hpp file, and it can be part of... hmmm...
Boost.Utility, for example, or even part of Boost.Serialization.

- Denis