Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost interested in the Boost-based Base64 library
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2011-06-10 12:35:55

Mathias Gaunard wrote:
> On 10/06/2011 01:14, Robert Ramey wrote:
>
>> I think you'd find it interesting to see how the serialization
>> library does it.
>>
>> ../boost/archive/iterators/base64_from_binary
>> ../boost/archive/iterators/binary_from_base64
>
> The code of these is much more complicated than it needs to be; there
> is too much coupling between the algorithm and the iterator adaptor.

well, it's implemented in terms of iterator adaptor. I see that as a
feature.
This gives maximal efficiency and total compile time flexibility and
leverages on working/tested/reviewed code - which to me is
what boost is about.

I can't see how another implementation which doesn't use
the already made stuff can be faster or more efficient or
add less code to the code base.

Robert Ramey